Terms of Service
1. Description of Our Service.
This is the platform of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), Abuja, Nigeria, designed to proactively disseminate information about the Commission’s activities to all Nigerians living in Nigeria or in the diaspora; registered voters in the Commission’s database, and all other individuals residing in any part of the world. Our services are provided free of charge and not for profit. Although, the platform will focus largely on the Commission’s activities, it may from time to time publish reports about elections and electoral activities of other countries, but in full recognition of copyright laws. However, our Terms of Service may be reviewed from time to time as the need arises.
There is a provision for feedback, which enables users of our services to post comments or react to our published reports. But users understand that such comments must abide by the Service Rules (See 2).
2. Service Rules
You undertake to:
1. Respect other users’ rights, privacy and dignity.
2. Avoid the use of abusive language, threats or blackmail against those that may hold contrary opinions to yours.
3. Avoid racial profiling or hateful comments
4. Never post contents that may be regarded as promoting terrorism, nudity, pornography or breaching the copyright of others either in text or video formats.
5. Not to copy, distribute or use any part of our services for commercial purposes.
6. Not to post, transmit, share, upload, store or make publicly available on our site, any private, personally identifiable information of any third party, including but not limited to addresses, email addresses, phone numbers, social security numbers, credit or debit care numbers, or photographs.
7. Not to impersonate any individual or corporate entity or conduct fraudulent activities through same.
8. Not to deliberately post information that you know is false, misleading or could cause reputational injury to a third party or entity.
9. Take absolute responsibility for the information you post on our platforms for which you will be held personally responsibly in case of a breach of extant laws.
Being a government establishment that seeks to regularly dispense information about our activities free of charge for the benefit of all Nigerians both at home and abroad, individuals and institutions are free to use our contents/reports for educational purposes only and never for commercial purposes, provided such contents/reports are attributed to us. In the same manner, we may on our platform share both audio/visual/print reports specifically on INEC, published or aired by media organisations, whose reporters/correspondents are members of the INEC Press Corps, but with full acknowledgment of the copyright owners of such contents and without tampering with the details.
Subject to our Terms and Conditions, users are granted the privilege to freely use our services for personal, educational and non-commercial purposes only. We reserve the right to stop the access of any user who disregards our policy and uses our contents for commercial purposes.
When using our services on the web, you consent to the collection, transfer, storage, disclosure and use of your information. We undertake to protect your personally details and not share them with a third party in such a manner that your will be personally identified, except in the case of criminal investigation by the appropriate organs of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.